﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯Punk Love﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯ ﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯Rating: 5.0 (4 Ratings)﷯﷯0 Grabs Today. 1089 Total Grabs. ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯Pre
view﷯﷯ | ﷯﷯Get the Code﷯﷯ ﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯1﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯Ed Hardy﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯ ﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯Rating: 4.3 (18 Ratings)﷯﷯0 Grabs Today. 5951 Total Grabs. ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯Preview﷯﷯ | ﷯﷯Get the Code﷯﷯ ﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯ BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, July 27, 2009

The show must go on.

Mood:-Psyched! I've been feeling really happy and content with everything the past few days seeing as I'm usually a very bi-polar person things are either going to go drastically wrong during the next few days or my life has finally balanced out and I can experience feelings like a normal person :p

Listening to:- The Prodigy-Omen (Hands down one of the best electronic rock band's there are, and this song proves just that)

Current quote:-I've met so many people, often the scum of the earth, and found them, you know, quite decent. I am an uncomfortable stranger to moral indignation. ~W. Somerset Maugham
--------------------------------------------

P7-Being Aaliyah [Yuup; I've decided on a name myself since you guys are not at all helpful -.-' Except for Material Girl ofcourse, who picked out this name ;p]

It's a short post but hey something is better than nothing, right? If I get good feedback on this one I promise you a new one as soon as possible. My inspiration for this post came from the Anonymous commentors, Thank you :)

I put my wayfarers back on and slipped into my flip flops as I gazed at the beautiful scenery in front of me. The stunning, crystal blue waters sparkled in the sunlight as the fish jumped in and out of the water causing ripples to form in the sea. I moved closer and tossed a pebble into the water as far as I could get it to go and smiled lightly as I heard it plop into the sea.

I sat down and watched the sand granules fall through the spaces in my hand as I poured it from one hand to another. I took a deep breath and wondered how I ended up in such a situation.

My friend is about to kill himself and I’m sitting here talking to myself. Great.

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and I gazed up at the blue cloudless sky as if looking for an answer. This was the place my parent’s would always bring me to when I was little. We would spend hours lazing under the hot sun doing just about nothing and everything all at the same time. I’m sure we would still be doing those things if it wasn’t for that dreaded day that took my parents’ away from me.

I tried not to think about it but every single moment remained so clear in my mind. My mind raced back to us calmly sitting in our boat, fishing like we always did every Friday but we never expected there to be thunder. We lived in a desert where it seldom rained so checking the weather forecast was not something we were accustomed to. My parents never learned how to swim and I was neither strong nor a good enough swimmer to save them. I remember that night as I was about to drown, I felt a force push me towards the buoy and I held onto it with all my might as I watched my parents being helplessly thrown around in the sea. I tried to pull them towards me but it was of no use, they had already drowned. I was shivering from the cold and crying at the same time, I felt so lost as I kept calling my parents’ names. I was then rescued by a man who now takes care of me. He tries to become closer to me but I guess a part of me doesn’t want to let him in because I’m afraid he’ll try and take my father’s place.

I pushed these thoughts back into my head and tried to concentrate on what was happening right now. My mind always drifted off topic, I think it’s mainly because I have so many things bottled up in my mind that I never allow myself to think about. I’ve always been afraid to let emotions in, I’ve always been too afraid to feel.

Until next time,

xoxo

P.s: I figured that maybe since I wrote my thoughts before the story you guys forgot about it by the time you finished reading the story so I'll say it again; when I say leave me suggestions, I honestly mean leave me the suggestions :P I'll take criticism too! but right now I'm desperate for a name.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again :p

I really liked this part, your descriptive skills are really goood...
However, I thnk there is smthng missing but I can't put my hands on it

About the title I'll be back with a comment :)

Wafa J said...

Hmm, I think I know what was missing but hopefully my next post will make up for it :)

Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to it =p

x

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon 1 about your descriptive skills.. Loving the story btw, keep it up (Y)!:p
-R

Wafa J said...

Well I'm actually travelling today so I won't be posting for another 6days but when I come back I'll be posting more frequently. Thanks alot, I'm glad you're enjoying it, will post as soon as possible :) x

Pri said...

YES! You're listening to the Prodigy! I thought you said the name I chose was stupid? :P
I didn't know where the story part of the post started until I did a double take at the screen and squinted a bit. Please make it easier for the visually challenged people here :)

Anonymous said...

Hi :p
I said ill be back with a title:

1. Her, Him and a Link
2. Linked Pasts
3. Their Past, Present and Future
4. Time, Pain and Them

I knw they sound lame bs ha ele gdart 3alaih since I dnt knw much about the story

Carpe Diem said...

Hmm. Okay.

First of all, I just re-read all the parts just now, and having said that, I think a good name for the story would be : "Attempted Resurrection." or something along those lines
I think each and every character attempts to resurrect a person or a moment in their lifes.

Aaliyah wants her friend back and her old self back.
Fahad wants to bring back the moment when the hit and run happend.
And Abood also wants to bring back both the moment and the person whose life he took.

In the end, however, its not really resurrection that they should look for, but rather a way to acceptance and progression in life - hence 'attempted'.

Also, to be honest, I don't like stories told from mutliple first perspectives. It ruins the realism. Especially if you explore a male persepetive and you are a female writer or vice versa. I don't know why but to me it seems like a super-imposed way of thinking if such happens and not the reality of things. One first perspective makes the story more true. Either that, or you can you use the third person omnipotent and incorporate both.

Anyway, in the end it really is your choice.
Hope I helped.
:)

Wafa J said...

Material Girl: I always liked the Prodigy but they were never my favourite. The name you chose is in fact quite stupid but I had no choice you see :P Just kidding my love, thank you but I might change it (A)

Anonymous: Thank you so much darling. I'm still looking through the options and I'll figure something out but thanks a lot anyways ^_^

Carpe Diem: Much, much appreciated feedback. Thank you hun! The problem is I work ahead of myself and I have the majority of the story completed and it's all in first view and although what your saying is beyond doubt true and will help it's also extremely complicated but I'll see what I can do. Thanks a ton :) x